Edit individual Delay for many Sequences

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hey,

just a maybe simple question.

How can I edit the Individual Delay for all Sequences of one Group at once.

I have a Group stored to 100 and programmed many Sequences with it, for example we say 200 Thru 215. All Sequences have only one Cue!

thx for any answeres!!!

• I'm not 100% sure this would work for you but in any case I think you need a value to put timing in the programmer. But you could cheat by using Relative values if they are not in use.

For example:

Group 100

Attribute Pan at Relative 0 Delay 1

Store Sequence 1 thru 10 /M

This would store a Relative Pan of 0 and a delay of 1 into Sequences 1 thru 10 and merge it, leaving the absolute values alone

You could also use the If helper to filter down your selection to just a group.

Fixture Thru

Attribute Pan at Relative 0 Delay 1 If Group 1

Store Sequence 1 thru 10 /M

• I think I ran into something similar...

What I did was add a a few lines to the macro too remove absolute values before storing it:

I didn't want to use relative values because I want to use those for relative effects later :)

'Group #' (selects group with the selection order for the delay)

'Att # at delay # thru #' (sets delay for specific attribute)

'absolute' (goes the the absolute layer)

'off FeatureGroup #' (offs the absolute values of whatever feature you are working with; 1=dimmer 2=position etc)

'Store preset #.# thru #.# /m' (stores the values in all presets)

The only requirements I found out is that they have to be selective presets. Kind of obvious because individual timing, but had me stumped for a while :)

• I used a preaty simple workaround at my Premium ColorPicker Delay Engine:

Code
    'Group <xxx>'
    'Attribute 77 at Delay <xxx>'
    'Off Attribute <xxx> + <xxx>' -- This simply deactivates the Absolute Attributes
    'Store Preset <x>.<x> thru <x>.<x> /M'

to get a list of the attribute names, simply type List Attribute in your command line.

And for the Off Attribute command I used the Attributenames (for example Attribute 77 is ColorRGB_R)

• Oh cool, didn't know that 'offing' the attribute only removes the absolute values. I already guessed you were using it for the colorpicker, so am I :) I think I have the version you posted before going premium floating somewhere on my PC but have not tried it yet...

BTW, an easier to read attribute list can be found in the Patch, second button on the left side called 'attribute definitions'. You can also change the 'pretty' attribute name there if you were so inclined.

• Will do :) I guess our versions are pretty similar. Using the delay times together with the selection order basically makes the whole thing work :) If you want I can send you the file, but I'm pretty new to the software so I think you are way ahead of me :)

I need to get into writing lua plugins sometime. I basically hand edited all the macro's to use the proper appearance numbers and to change all the sequences they refer to. I wish macro's would be 'self aware' so you could do things like current macro number - 2 or something like that....oh well

• I used a preaty simple workaround at my Premium ColorPicker Delay Engine:

Code
    'Group <xxx>'
    'Attribute 77 at Delay <xxx>'
    'Off Attribute <xxx> + <xxx>' -- This simply deactivates the Absolute Attributes
    'Store Preset <x>.<x> thru <x>.<x> /M'

to get a list of the attribute names, simply type List Attribute in your command line.

And for the Off Attribute command I used the Attributenames (for example Attribute 77 is ColorRGB_R)

I just found out 'off absolute' works too :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!