I noticed something odd with variable names that did not happen on the MA2.
Variable in MA3 seem to have a limit of 15 characters; any variable name longer then this gets accepted but truncated to the first 15 characters.
This gets odd if you have a name where the first 15 characters are the same (contrived I know but I ended up in this situation because of a scripting bug)
For example let's say we have 4 variables with the first 15 characters the same:
You end up with 4 variables with the same 15 character name.
Now when you go to edit one you end up with a 5th:
Now when you go to delete them you get an error, unless you use the trunked name, at which point it deletes one of them each time you run the command.
The only reason I ended up running into this was because I'm building out a plugin that you may have more then 1 instance of the plugin running and I wanted to make sure each one had it's own set of variables and I choose the wrong prepend string.
It would be nice if the limit was listed in the manual, SetG SetU and the Lua commands threw an error when the length the name is too long, or if it was like on the 2 with some huge length.