Export/import images from MA2 into MA3

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I've successfully exported my image pool from an MA2 show and moved the file into the GrandMA3/Shared/resource/lib_images folder on my USB stick.

When I try to import a single image into a pool slot on the MA3 side I can browse to the myimages.xml file on the USB stick but nothing imports, that's as far as it gets.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

I have also tried to get access to the images on the MA2 side (running on an MA3 Light) using FTP via FileZilla on the Mac but get ECONNREFUSED error when trying to connect using the correct IP and user/pass 'data', is this an issue with the new hardware?

Thanks for your time

Paul

• I have also tried to get access to the images on the MA2 side (running on an MA3 Light) using FTP via FileZilla on the Mac but get ECONNREFUSED error when trying to connect using the correct IP and user/pass 'data', is this an issue with the new hardware?

Filezilla worked for me on both the Mac and PC provided the protocol was set to SFTP and not FTP. If you try to SSH to it you get back:

This service allows sftp connections only.

• SFTP worked great with FileZilla for gaining access to the Mode2 console, many thanks, I'd forgotten that!

Still didn't enable me to extract the images I required sadly, and I do not have a backup of the originals :(

Starting to wonder if there's a way to extract them from the XML file outside of the console but that's a whole new discussion

• So I have a crazy idea. and this is not easy but it works.

So I went onto my console, exported an image and looked at the XML file. The junk in the <Image> tag is just Base64 Encoded binary so I took out all the XML, removed the white space and copied the resulting long string of text, then pasted that into an online Base64 decoder and Boom, Image.

If the images were really important you could either do them one at a time or make something that reads out the image tags and outputs the binary from the Base64.

Not not "Hard" but also not trivial either.

https://base64.guru/converter/decode/file looked at the resulting binary and figured out the file type and gives you a download

https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/b…ecode_file.html just gives you a download called base64 and if you give it the correct extension it should just open.

Kind of sucks and there might be an easier way to do it but a good exercise nonetheless.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!