BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi All

I've been trying to get QLab to trigger a Lighting Executer on my MA3 Compact to no success, admittedly I am a bit of a rookie at OSC, but the lack of clear documentation on this topic has not been helpful. I don't know what settings I need to configure on the MA3, what to do in QLAB etc. Any Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

• I'm also very interested, because I got QLab to (kind of) listening, (I could send a command and then "capture" the OSC message in the OSC remote tab in the workspace preferences, but I was not able to send commands that were defined from the QLab API.

So, MA to QLab kind of works, but QLab to MA, is still a mystery to me.

• I've only played with it a little, but I was also able to get the console to send OSC, and even receive by enabling the Echo Input (I even hear an error beep onPC every once and awhile), but for whatever reason not act on it.

My guess is it's not fully baked yet since the OSC structure is a little funny. For example its; /11.14.1.5.99,sif<string "FaderMaster"><Int:1><float:Value> instead of something like /11.14.1.5.99/FaderMaster/1,f<float:Value>. That would be much easier for a program like TouchOSC or MAX to send.

The other thing I'm unsure about it that the first integer is, On my console it's now a 3 but if I load the same show onPC it's a 1. but even using Packet Sender to format and send a proper Packet doesn't work so I'm just not sure.

• Hi guys just wondering if anyonw got any further with this...

I have Qlab triggiering an executor successfully with:

/11.14.1.5.3 "Go+" 1

trying to work out what each of the numbers represent... and if its possible to fire a discreet cue...

the 3 is a reference to the sequence number... apart from that ive got nothing...

• Those numbers represent the path where the data is stored in the desk.

translates to "ShowData.DataPools.Default.Sequences.3"

In theory Sequence 3 holds the cues and in other parts of the desk you can traverse by name so in the desk I can do something like:

cd ShowData.DataPools."Default".Sequences.3."Cue 1"

For whatever reason the cues don't seem to have numbers in the folder structure so you I had to to use the cue name. Also I'm unsure if you can use the path names in OSC, haven't tested. Lastly in the desk I had to put quotes around Default because it's a keyword and "Cue 1" because of the space, again not sure how that sure how it else it could be formatted in OSC.

• Whoa, where did you find those 11.14.1.5 numbers in the first place? I got it working also, now that I found your discussion, but I didn't find anything about those in the manual?

• No it's not in the manual yet, They say because things are still changing and they could break in future versions, additionally they suggest to use the names and not the numbers since the numbers can change, however in a case like this I'm not sure you can use the path names. I found them by digging around.

For example, on the Command line if you type List you get back something like this.

Here you can see the in the No Column you can see 11 and with the name of ShowData

With that first number you can type either cd 11 or cd "ShowData" and now you are in the show data directory. from there you can list that folder and traverse yourself down the path of numbers that I used.

To get back to the top type cd root

Additionally you can stack the numbers or names together by separating them with a dot. cd 11.14.1.5 takes you to the same place as cd ShowData.DataPools."Default".Sequences (note I only placed double quotes around Default since it's a keyword and required and for some clarity, but in practice you should place quotes around all path names.

• Oh my goodness all this above is very complicated.
    Firing from QLab to MA is so very simple.

In the MA setup 2 OSC Connections

1 sending with the IP of your Qlab, UDP and port 53000

2 receiving as UDP and let's say default port 8000

In Qlab add network patch with the MA IP and port 8000

Create network cue in Qlab as OSC message using your MA patch

For the command enter for example

/cmd "go seq 2"

you can replace anything you want in quotes with as a MA command.

To control Qlab from the MA you can use the command

sendOSC 1 "/go,s,2"

The above would fire cue number 2 in Qlab

**the above is relevant for Qlab 4 - for version 5 see additional post below

Edited once, last by Clintos: Updated for Qlab 5 (March 14, 2024 at 5:02 AM).

• Post by Clintos (December 5, 2020 at 3:15 AM).

This post was deleted by the author themselves (March 14, 2024 at 4:57 AM).
  • As this thread can be searched and some things have changed here is some updated info for Qlab 5

Configure an OSC Send Line in MA3 to the port specified in Qlab 5 as the "OSC Listen Port" and set the IP address of Qlab and mode of UDP
    -assume this is OSC Line 1

To Start Cue 2 in Qlab 5 you would use the MA3 Command

SendOSC 1 "/cue/2/start,s,1"

/cue/2/start -the address we are sending to (cue object, the cue number, and the command type)
    s -string format for the message
    1 -send a value of true

to disarm cue 2 we would use
    SendOSC 1 "/cue/2/armed,s,0"

and to arm it
    SendOSC 1 "/cue/2/armed,s,1"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!