MA3 onPC Timecode over Artnet

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello,

I'm new here. I'm currently finishing the e-learning for MA3 (onpc). I have no experience with earlier MA products but I'm looking to get into the wonder world of MAlighting ;) Overall the functions that I want to use within MA3 onpc are clear to me and very usefull. Only 2 topics are unclear for me. I want to start with a midi controller instead of the big investment for a wing. I've seen methods how to achieve that but I did not see anything about how to achieve Timecode in/out over ArtNet or even Midi for the on pc software. Maybe there is already but I could not find it after a long search. Does anyone of you use timecode over Artnet and/or do you know where to find more information about this topic?

Thanks in advance!

(ps if there is already a thread about this please let me know then I will delete this one)

• I'm actually new the the fact that Art-Net 4 does Timecode, I have never used it but it was quite easy to get working.

I'm sure there are apps out there but I made myself a quick and dirty ArtNetTimecode sender that outputs the current time of day as a broadcast and once I configured OnPC to receive it worked out of the box.

To get ArtNetTimecode working all you need to do is:

• Goto Menu > DMX Settings > On the Art-Net Tab
    • Make Sure Enable Input is... Enabled
    • The first line will automatically be an Artnet Output, Make a second for your Timecode Input
    • Set the Second Line to Mode Input and Select a slot number between 1 and 8

And that's it.

From there you should see the incoming Art-Net Timecode in the selected slot.

It's a little jittery, but that's probably because of me.

As for Midi, I would assume it's just as easy provided you have something that outputs Midi TimeCode but I haven't tried yet.

• As for Midi, I would assume it's just as easy provided you have something that outputs Midi TimeCode but I haven't tried yet.

TC slot for the MIDI input is set in Menu -> Output Configuration. Note that if you're using onPC without a command wing there isn't a way in v1.0.0.3 to tell onPC what other MIDI driver it should be looking at.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!