BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hello,

I've created some simple dimmer step recipes with step creator. Now I want to export them to an external drive. There're export/import buttons in the edit menu of step recipes (as in a macro - export/import function of a macro works properly). But with a step recipes export function does not work. It opens export menu, but does not change destination: shows only my pc's internal hard drive, even if I change it to external and others.

• There is a bug with the general export/import function of the graphical userinterface, as its filebrowser requires a predefined library-path for the objects to be exported/imported

Please use the commandline interface as described below for objects where GUI import/export fails.

- replace [squarebrackets] with appropriate values

- Italic lines are not mandatory for the actual import/export

- be aware that future software-revisions may not be able to import the file unless it is moved to a specific library-path on the drive.

Export:

Menu "CommandLineHistory"

List Drive *

Select Drive [drivenumber]

Export [object-type] [objectID] "[filename]"

Import:

ChangeDestination [object-type]

List Drive *

Select Drive [drivenumber]

List Library

Import Library "[filename].xml"

ChangeDestination Root

Example export steprecipes to USB:

Select Drive 2

Export StepRecipe 5 Thru 10 "mychasers"

Select Drive 1

Example import steprecipes from USB:

ChangeDestination StepRecipe

Select Drive 2

Import Library "mychasers.xml"

ChangeDestination Root

Select Drive 1

Edited once, last by Andreas: adjusted placement of square brackets from [filename.xml] to [filename].xml to better indicate the currently required .xml file-extension in the import argument (February 27, 2020 at 5:19 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!