BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Is there a way to change the way the windows scale?

On MA2 I liked how I could resize the windows and all the pieces will scale so you can still see everything...however with MA3 it shows less presets and screen space while keeping all the control bar items the same size.

• Now the scaling option is available!

But on an 24" Screen with 1920x1080 @0,75% scaling, the exec bar is absolutely unusable.

Everything is to small, Text is not readable.

Also the Grid in the Layout View seems is not really lovely :D

The Windows Text and Edge smoothing option takes no effect...

Any Ideas?

• I have a 24" 1920x1080 screen here, and use scaling of either 1.75x or 2x depending on how I'm feeling. 2x puts my screen at the same resolution as the Compact and Compact XT. In my personal opinion 0.75x would be totally useless for this situation.

Perhaps make sure that your OS isn't also trying to scale onPC at the same time - as the two scaling options might conflict / combine to produce strange results.

• I have in the same situation as Steve. I feel more comfortable whit the 0.75 GUI scaling but some words are incomprensible, and in the playback window i can't change the font size for see what i put on my executors. Also in the pools can't see all the separations lines of the pool items.

• I have in the same situation as Steve. I feel more comfortable whit the 0.75 GUI scaling but some words are incomprensible, and in the playback window i can't change the font size for see what i put on my executors. Also in the pools can't see all the separations lines of the pool items.

Thank you very much for this post proposed by OP. I have encountered similar ones before, which have not been resolved, and then I ignored.

• I found out another little bug(s) with MA3 onPC 1.1.4.2:

When you work with onPC on several external screens on a latop, then the positon of the MA3-Screens will be maintaiend even when the external screens are not present any more.

This will happen also when you restart the complete Computer. So onPC is working as if the external screens are still there and you have no chance to get the screens back to the main screen of the laptop until you link to the external screens and then bring back the external screens manually to the main screen.

Oh, and if i am connected with my Bluetooth-Headset, onPC seems to 'steal' the sound (because i can't hear anything then) and in the Command window there will be a long list of repeatetd error commands (i have not in mind what it was exactly - but i can find it out if it is interesting for the support) depending on the sound input. But i don't know what it might say to me... If i switch the Computer to the internal Speaker it works fine (but still the error list is getting bigger and bigger) and the internal or external (BT-Headset-) mic of the PC could be used to.

RUN DMX! With my MA3-Wing, Vizkey, and 2K onPC-Node. :)

• Regarding the external screens that get orphaned on a non existent screen.

On windows you can use the Windows key + left and right arrows to move a window from one screen to another. You may have to press the button arrow button more then once but this works to reclaim a window.

This is a common issue with many applications from way back in win95 when you had to jump through lots of keyboard hoops to get a window back.

• Yes. That works on existing screens. But MA3 tries to open the windows on screen that are not connected to the PC. And that might make a 'difference'...

And I think there might be some other users who will come to this issue and maybe they don't know this 'old trick'. ;)

RUN DMX! With my MA3-Wing, Vizkey, and 2K onPC-Node. :)

• Yeah it's totally an issue, the problem is if you disconnect a display start the application then connect the display you don't necessarily want the window to be moved because of the momentarily missing display. But on the same note it's a pain if the display can't be seen too.

It can be fixed but will likely require some thinking and maybe some UI.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!