BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hey Guys,

yesterday I have several Issus running my Show.

My Show looks realy nice in 3D and also in Realizzer (visualization).

But at the Venue I got problems by Connecting my Movingheads directly to the DMX Output from the Command Wing.

Using JB P7 with TRX Interface. It seems like the DMX Signal is to weak. The Heads reacting very spontaneous.

Connecting the TRX Interface thru ArtNet (OnPC -> Eurolite ArtNet Node 8 MK2 -> Showtec DMX Splitter -> JB TRX)

It seems the Heads work properly. But my programmed Phasers don't work. They unuseable.

Again the Virtual Look (3D and Realizzer) looks good. But on Stage only 2 of 6 Heads are moving.

And the they move randomly. Additionally the Dimmer reacts really rough. The Dimmer stutters like the cheapest China LED Lights 8o

Same settings tested with another Desk (GLP Creation II) the Heads react perfectly.

Any other Problems like mine?

Greets Tom

Hardware:

- GMA3 Compact XT

- GMA3 Command Wing

HP ProDesk 405 G4 Desktop-Mini 7PG72EA

AMD Ryzen™ 5 2400GE (4x 3,80GHz)

8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

AMD Radeon RX Vega 11

2x HannsG HT225 Touchmonitor

:thumbup:

• Thanks for your Reply, Oliver.

I will test this workaround.

Could test it only before the shows.

Next show is on Friday. I will test it with my actual Showfile and also i will create an nearly emty showfile to test.

I hope the workaround will work, as I have to drive 2 shows per week with this material for the next 6 weeks :/

Hardware:

- GMA3 Compact XT

- GMA3 Command Wing

8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

AMD Radeon RX Vega 11

• Workaround doesn't help. DMX Refreshrate doesn't change.

I solved the problem with an Artnet node where you can set the Refresh Rate / frequency

I hope this will be fixed soon as possible

Hardware:

- GMA3 Compact XT

- GMA3 Command Wing

8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

AMD Radeon RX Vega 11

• Same issue occured to me as well during the my first live use today. Took me about half an hour to find out that the CommandWing reduced the update rate if there are no changes in the DMX output values. This may be within the specification but i was a bit surprised since i never encountered a controller where this is a default behaviour, not configurable and furthermore not noted anywhere in help or docs.

What i do not understand is what the intention of this should be. I would assume that the desk should be able to output all supported DMX output channels with a proper update rate at any time. So why is the reduction of the output refresh rate if there are no values changing implemented at all?

Even being somehow within the DMX specification with this behaviour i would really treat this as a bug. I also had to use the solution of creating a dummy dimmer phaser on a dummy fixture in the background which has to be running all the time to make it work which feels really bad on a console of this level.

• While I agree that this behavior needs to be optional, a reduced refreshrate does make sense in an RDM environment-

Instead occupying the DMX-line with the same values repeated 30 times per second, the bandwidth could be used for smalltalk with each fixture, to make sure they are feeling well....

• It was my first live use too, and I'm glad I had read the forum posts.

Apparently nobody had told MDG about this part of the DMX specification.

I had to apply the phaser workaround to convince the hazer to start heating.

On the bright side I finally found (sort of) use for my DMX analyse tool :)

According to it the update rate was 2.1Hz

• I think andreas is right with his assumption that this should safe up same bandwith for RDM communication, if your analyzer supports rdm maybe you could take look for incoming master frames within the idle time.

In my scenario where the outputs are driving DMX without RDM support which is currently already configurable there should be no need for this. Unfortunately in the past i experienced similar incompatibility issues with older or cheap devices which where not able to differ between the rdm frames and standard dmx data and totally went nuts if rdm has been enabled.

But hey, i think the ladies and gentlemen in the development department of MA are now hopefully aware that this particular feature causes some issues in daily use. So i think they will find an easy solution for this in the next release :)

• In 1.1 it's important to note that if you set Menu > Output Configuration > (columns full) > Mode > Out the console will output at a solid 30Hz , with it set to RDM on it will be variable between about 2 to 30 Hz.

If you need something faster than 30Hz, Artnet and sACN output at 60Hz.

• Hi Steve_Mutter!

From reading your comment, I wondered how you connected GrandMA3 with Realizzer 3D. I have been trying to connect GrandMA2 with Realizzer and I am wondering whether you would know how to do that to. I am currently using Dot2 on PC with Realizzer at the moment.

Thank you.

• Hi Steve_Mutter!

From reading your comment, I wondered how you connected GrandMA3 with Realizzer 3D. I have been trying to connect GrandMA2 with Realizzer and I am wondering whether you would know how to do that to. I am currently using Dot2 on PC with Realizzer at the moment.

Thank you.

Hey Mapman,

I connect Reallizer 3D simply with ArtNet. As i wrote above I use an ArtNet Node to Connect my Fixtures. Within my Network I have connected a strong Visual PC for all of my controling Software (Reallizer, Wysiwyg, Resolume....). I also have Realizzer on my OnPC machine connected via ArtNet (Internal Virtual Networking)

Hardware:

- GMA3 Compact XT

- GMA3 Command Wing

8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

AMD Radeon RX Vega 11

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!