BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I found a issue that has been reported when creating a phaser using dimmer in a preset, it is not using the values set in the preset. I was trying to recreate all the effects I had in MA2. I think I am missing something. Can anyone help explain how to create a phaser like the predefined one in MA3 called snap on from scratch? A phaser that snaps an attribute on and fades it out? In MA2 I would use a form but in MA3 I am stuck. It clearly is possible as it is a predefined phaser I just don't know how to do it?

Thanks.

• Snap could be done with a Step-Width of 0 and/or a Step-Transition of 0 (depending on what you wanted to have happen after that).

So for example:

1. Fixtures to full
    2. Change to Step 2
    3. Fixtures to zero
    4. Change back to Step 1 and set the Width to 0
      • (Optionally change the Transition to 0 and adjust the Width to find the desired time for the lights to stay at full before fading down)
    5. Adjust Speed and Phase as desired
  • Transition: How long the crossover from one step to the next step is.

Acceleration: Describes the transition curve for the last half (of the transition) into the step.

Deceleration: Describes the transition curve for the first half out of the step.

Acceleration Step 1|Step 1|Deceleration Step 1|Acceleration Step 2|Step 2|Deceleration Step "|....

Open the phaser window, create a 2 step phaser with dimmer values and play around with transition, acceleration and deceleration, and you will easily see, how they react.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!