BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi, I've followed this example from the manual but the result doesn't seem to be the same.

Doing the following steps:

results in this:

Interestingly the command I actually typed is this so it might be that this was mistakenly included in the documentation rather than a bug in the software:

If this is something we can't currently do (either because it's a bug or not implemented yet) can anyone think of a good work around for the moment?

Thanks!

• this section of the manual seems to be a little ahead of time.

in the releasenotes of v1.0.0.3, Cue Only is listed as yet to come...

As a workaround you can try the Block and Unblock command

e.g. blocking the whole sequence while you do a store that you don't want to track:

Block

Store cue 2 /merge

Unblock

• Thanks Andreas. A bit sad that unblocking the sequence will unblock any previously blocked cues (eg. Blackouts) but that's definitely manageable for the moment.

I've just tried to put this in a macro that looks like this:

Block

Store cue (Cue number?) /merge

Unblock

However, the result is:

Store cue "2" /merge

Any idea how to fix that so there's no quotation marks?

• reg quotes

I believe the (popup) currently always will return a string, which is by default gets quoted.

you could do this:

Block

Store Cue /merge

Unblock

and disable the execute property of macroline 2, to enter the cue number without a popup

regarding deliberate block cues

you could finish the macro off with a forth line that reblocks cues based on their names or part of their names:

e.g.

Block Cue "Blackout"

or

Block Cue "*Block"

• Andreas will know much better than I but it seems that the block command does not use the programmer but instead works on the selected sequence or specific cue in that sequence.

So to get a cue only you need to build the cue and then block it.

Store Cue 3

Block Cue 3

Same goes for Unblock if you only want to unblock cue 3 and not the whole selected sequence you would enter

Unblock Cue 3

I was going to suggest a Macro, but it looks like UserVars are not fully implemented yet:

SetUserVar CueOnly (NOTE: Must have a space after CueOnly), Change Execute to NO on this line

Store Cue $CueOnly

Block Cue $CueOnly

DelUserVar CueOnly

That way you touch the macro it leave you in the command line to type a cue number, then uses that number for both the Store and Block operations.

However, this enters the right thing in the command line but entering 1 saves cue 0.001 for some reason. $ isn't listed in the manual so my guess is it's not implemented yet.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!