how to import macro

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • hey~~~how can i import macros? i use the commandline : username@showdata/pools/global/macros>import library "*.xml" . but,what are the "user name" ,"showdata" and "*" mean ?

i try many times but not work ~~~~~<X<X<X<X

and thanks for see it ^^

• Hey Zico,

you can import macros directly in the macro pool.

- Edit a new macro object

- Press Import

- Select your macro from the internal folder or your USB stick

If you have macros on the USB stick, please make sure that they are placed in the grandMA3 folder under shared - resource - lib_macros.

• hey Daniel,

thank you for your answer and let me know where are the macros - -!

but now,there is a new question:

how can i import all macros at one time just like MA2~~

and thanks again for answer so "stupid?" question.

• Hi

"username" is the username currently logged in. So unless you add a user and log in as the new user, it would be "admin".

The first part of your quote from the manual is the path in the command line input. This is different because you told it to. If we assume you are logged in as admin then your normal command line path is

Admin[Fixture]>

To import all the macros in the library file, you'll need to navigate to the macro pool. In the command line, type and execute (please/enter):

CD macro

Now the command line path has changed:

Admin@ShowData/Pools/Global/Macros>

This means that you are logged in as the user Admin and you are currently in the macro pool in the internal three structure.

Now type the command from the manual:

Import Library "*.xml"

Now you should have all the macros from the library file and you can change the command line path back to the root:

cd root

The * is a joker sign that can be used instead of the actual file name. The result is that the software selects all the relevant xml files and imports the content. Each of the macros are stored in their own xml file, so the alternative is to type the name of each file. The * joker just imports them all.

//Gubi

• Thanks so much for Gubi !

thanks for answer in such detail,it lets me learn so more about internal structure of MA3.

just like a new world for me !:thumbup:

And then , i do it !

thanks for your help~~:thumbup:

• This no longer seems to be working, as /Global/ is a missing or hidden from the directory, even when the current user is Admin.

the only path that is available is 12.14.1.7, and since this is default, NOT Global, there is nothing to import.

Do you have an update on this?

"we are the people our parents warned us about"

• This no longer seems to be working, as /Global/ is a missing or hidden from the directory, even when the current user is Admin.

the only path that is available is 12.14.1.7, and since this is default, NOT Global, there is nothing to import.

Do you have an update on this?

Admin@ShowData/DataPools/Default/Macros>

"Global" or "Default" or "whatever" is the name of the currently-selected DataPool. In a new show the first DataPool is now called "Default", but in practice you might not always be importing into DataPool 1 anyway.

• Admin@ShowData/DataPools/Default/Macros>

"Global" or "Default" or "whatever" is the name of the currently-selected DataPool. In a new show the first DataPool is now called "Default", but in practice you might not always be importing into DataPool 1 anyway.

Of coarse! Thanks Ryan!

"we are the people our parents warned us about"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!