Hey . Found a wierd bug with my console. Running 18.104.22.168 on my Compact . My outputs (behind console) are outputing dmx very slowly. Looks like refresh is very low. Its all fine when i run it in MA2 mode . I took a swisson DMX splitter and connected that to my line and when im in MA3 mode i can see the little leds on swisson splitter are blinking very slowly . But on MA2 mode just normaly super fast. Cannot find menu where i could change dmx refresh. Got a really small corporate event and thought its good place to learn a MA3 system didnt work out so well . Had to do the show in MA2 mode.
If you don't have values changing on an DMX universe, the grandMA3 software will sent only refresh packets every second (in reality it is a bit less than 1s).
When having a phaser running with constant values changing, the DMX rate will be back at 30Hz.
yeah .. seams thath you are correct . BUT . i got 16 MAC 101s patched . And now when i raise intensity slowly to 100 .. its not linear at all .. also same with Jb lighting P7 . its all fine when i run phaser . so i guess workaround is patch some dummy fixtures and make a backround phaser cue. But this really sucks , This should be changed . Cannot work like that,
you are right - that is not a nice result and there shouldn´t be a workround necessary. The DMX specs allow for up to 1s refresh rate if there is no DMX change. What I struggle with is that you say this happens also when you increase the intensity slowly....
How do you do that? Is it in the programmer with a turning encoder? Is is sliding a playback fader? Is it a cues with Fade times?
Would be interesting to know to double-check.
Just to circle back to this for a moment;
I experienced a similar issue during testing yesterday and was able to take a video of it linked here. However when I restarted the console the issue went away and everything has been working perfectly since.
My setup was as follows:
- Unicasting 1 Art-Net Universe directly to laptop running An Art-Net tester
- Sequence 5 set as a Flash on an executor that I hit every second or so.
- Sequence 5 brings channel 1 seen on the Art-Net tester to 70/255
- I also added a phaser on Sequence 7 (starts around 22 seconds) to see the difference.
In the video between 0 and 21 seconds I Flashed Sequence 5 17 times, of that 5 were missed on the output and each press took about 0.4 seconds between the press sequence starting and the output of the Art-Net.
Between 22 seconds and 41 seconds I had the dummy phaser running, and pressed the flash button 13 times, of that 1 output was missed and the time between the flash and the output dropped to about 0.2 Seconds.
I ended up making this video because I could visually tell that flash presses were being missed and also felt very sluggish.
I took a few hours break and turned off the console during this time, when I came back and restarted the console everything was working perfectly, the flashes were running quickly and to the eye I didn't miss any presses of the 50 or so that I did.
The only thing that I think I was doing in this show file session that could have caused an issue was was building the simple clock profile, and likely messing up a fair amount while testing profile options.
Here is the video timeline to give an idea of when the flash buttons were pressed (grey) and missed (Yellow)