Akai APC mini & mk2 (led feedback)

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Thanks!

I've downloaded dot2apcmini2.

It seems only the first "scene launch" button (clip) seems to work in order to browse through the different wings. Under this "clip stop" button it seems only B-wing1 and F-wing1 to be located?. Is it correct it is not possible to cycle through the different wings with the "scene launce" buttons?

Thanks in advance!

(ive got a 'show' in 2 hours :) )

• dot2apcmini2 is a newer (different) version of the code ..

In the old version, it was possible to select wings using the side buttons.

In this version you control bwing1 and fwing1 simultaneously (can be changed to bwing2 fwing2 by editing the js file at the very beginning
    change wing =1; to wing =2;)

Code
    //config 
    wing = 1;   //set wing 1 or 2
    page = 1;   //set page select mode - 0-off, 1-only exec buttons(5), 2-exec buttons and faders together(5)
    midi_in = 'APC MINI 0';     //set correct midi in device name
    midi_out = 'APC MINI 1';    //set correct midi out device name

Side buttons - This is now page 1-5 selection for executors

This solution is more convenient

• This switching makes sense with motorized faders.

Of course it is possible - adding this functionality.

I don't have the controller with me - but try it yourself

open js file with editor - and add additional code that I will paste below - exactly on line 170

before this line

if (msg.note == 88) {// fader buttons HI

• Hey! I get a very similar error to the one from Qwerty but I can't really figure out how he got it fixed. I didn't understand what was changed so it worked all of the sudden.

I got:
    node-v16.14.0-x64
    dot2apcmini2-main (https://github.com/ArtGateOne/dot2apcmini2)
    unzipped in C:/

And pretty much followed all the steps

- Running dot2
    - webremote on and password to "remote"
    - the akai apc mini is obviously connected and works

but I constantly get the error that is also below

Here is my error after executing the command:

C:\dot2apcmini\dot2apcmini2>node dot2apcmini2.js

C:\dot2apcmini\dot2apcmini2\node_modules\bindings\bindings.js:121

throw e;

^

Error: The module '\\?\C:\dot2apcmini\dot2apcmini2\node_modules\midi\build\Release\midi.node'

was compiled against a different Node.js version using

NODE_MODULE_VERSION 83. This version of Node.js requires

NODE_MODULE_VERSION 93. Please try re-compiling or re-installing

the module (for instance, using `npm rebuild` or `npm install`).

←[90m at Object.Module._extensions..node (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1185:18)←[39m

←[90m at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32)←[39m

←[90m at Function.Module._load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:822:12)←[39m

←[90m at Module.require (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1005:19)←[39m

←[90m at require (node:internal/modules/cjs/helpers:102:18)←[39m

at bindings (C:\dot2apcmini\dot2apcmini2\node_modules\←[4mbindings←[24m\bindings.js:112:48)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\dot2apcmini\dot2apcmini2\node_modules\←[4mmidi←[24m\midi.js:1:31)

←[90m at Module._compile (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1103:14)←[39m

←[90m at Object.Module._extensions..js (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:1155:10)←[39m

←[90m at Module.load (node:internal/modules/cjs/loader:981:32)←[39m {

code: ←[32m'ERR_DLOPEN_FAILED'←[39m

What is it, that I have to do to fix this issue?

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I was trying it out and there seems to be a bug. I get the error as attached when I press a button. I try to debug and discovered the problem probably is something with the "var ...." in both statements. Without it no error occurs (but the board doesn't work probably ofc). I've tried to fix it but no luck so far.

• Yes - i test it .it's my mistake
    need to remove all "var" in extra code

• Hi Sorry, I now see I never responded. Your suggestion worked! I can now toggle between wings. I still use your code today - I love it!

I've made some minor tweaks to the interface so it would work better for me. Here is my code for everyone to use :)

https://github.com/MrMdR/dot2apcmini2/blob/main/dot2apcmini2m.js

I noticed the page selection is not working. (Top 5 buttons within 'Scene Launce'). When I come to a fix I will post an update.

Edited once, last by Qwerty: fixed GitHub link (March 20, 2023 at 10:39 AM).

• Hi there!

As I mentioned earlier, switching between wings would make sense if the faders were motorized.

Unfortunately, I am not able to test your code because I got rid of my old APC Mini and switched to APC Mini MK2. Unfortunately, these new controllers have slightly different MIDI notes under the buttons and color control commands.

Fortunately, I have already managed to deal with it, and the updated code is on my GitHub.

• Hi there!

As I mentioned earlier, switching between wings would make sense if the faders were motorized.

Unfortunately, I am not able to test your code because I got rid of my old APC Mini and switched to APC Mini MK2. Unfortunately, these new controllers have slightly different MIDI notes under the buttons and color control commands.

Fortunately, I have already managed to deal with it, and the updated code is on my GitHub.

Hi! The MK2 looks great with the RGB support!

Switching between wings is working indeed. It was switching between pages ] I'm wondering about. :)

• There is a page-switching part in your code - it's just marked as a comment/description... between /* and */.

Just remove lines 159 and 175 - and everything will work

the name of the page variable can be a bit misleading - because it is responsible for the page switching mode - for b-wing , and for b-wing and f-wing

• In the code for apc mini mk2 I introduced some new features

The brightness of the buttons can be adjusted.

Additional dark mode (gray colors plus green and red)

And the page with the color palette (def page 5)

• Hi,

that project is really interesting, especially because you connect via the web remote.

I wonder if you know the „companion“ module by bitfocus for the streamdeck.

There is a plugin to connect to dot2 via msc (with all its drawbacks) and a plugin for ma2 which connects via telnet.

I wonder if your way to connect via webremote could be an interesting way to use the streamdeck as a really good button device, if your nodejs ccode can be ported to a module for companion.

Greetings,

Knut

• Hi,

Unfortunately, I haven't used Campanion and I don't have a StreamDeck, so it's hard for me to say anything about it.

StreamDeck is quite an interesting device, but I have no idea how it could be used with dot2. The ability to display colored windows - even with executor names, and even cue names would be cool - but this device is probably not suitable as a b-wing. It's just cumbersome and has too few keys.

Of course, in software like MA3, it makes sense - to switch between different views and choose different options.

In dot2, I really don't see that - especially since dot2 has been cut off from many functionalities, including Lua and its own plugins, or some options available in MA2 :(
    I think the most convenient is a regular midi controller or web remote on a tablet or even a phone

• Hi,

thanks for the reply. I think its a great b-wing because in terms of color picking you can get feedback on the button state, much more comfortable than than the ma2 layout view.

If you double a streamdeck Xl you get more bittons than on a regular b wing & you can seitch endless pages of course.

I dont talk about the regular streamdeck software, its the Companion software (also runs on pi) that makes it so powerful. I have a streamdeck which I can ship to you but for testing purposes the companion App has a built in web emulator so you dont really need a streamdeck.

You are right, if Lua was in option in dot2 that would be a grat step.Have you tested Lua? A plugin Directory is available.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!