Akai APC mini & mk2 (led feedback)

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi.

I make code (nodejs) to control dot2
    I use Raspberry PI 3B+ as bridge.

U can test/use PC version - but carefully - fast fader moves can crash code.

U can control dot2pc, or dot2 console.

Minimum configuration needed.

Start dot2
    Turn on web remote (set password remote)

now download nodejs & my code

run from cmd line

node dot2apc

i set up in RPI code IP adres dor dot2 console 10.0.0.100 (U can change this IP in dot2apc.js - use notepad)

ON start - u can control bwing2

buttons on the right side - select bwing2, bwing1, fwing2, fwing1.

Red button - U can select page 1-16 (with shift 1-63)

Fwing mode - red buttons works as faders 0,20,40,60,80,100%

link to the code in the description of the movie on yt

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:thumbup:

• Now for Akai APC 20

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11QdhN…TsaFsyGW0ybtgHf

Need to instal nodejs

run from cmd line

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi, thanks for publishing your code! This is exactly what Im looking for. However I don't seem to get it working.

Would you mind giving more instructions on how to get it to work?

What I've done so far:

I've set up dot2pc as on the picture with the password 'remote''.

I download and open your code (https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Pf4ss…42FJXtpFAx/view)

When I open this folder I DO NOT find the file dot2apc.js. There is a file dot2apcmini.js but that DOES NOT contain your IP address (10.0.0.100 ) you gave and said I have to change into mine (I suppose 127.0.0.1 See attached image?)

I have downloaded and installed node.js.

I open the windows CMD and navigate to the folder where dot2apc.js is located. (cd desktop/light.dot2apc) I run the file by typing 'dot2apc.js'

What happens is that the dot2apc.js is opend in my code editor (notepad++). Same happens when I use 'node.js command promt').

I open the windows CMD and navigate to the folder where dot2apc.js is located. (cd desktop/light.dot2apc) I run the file by typing 'dot2apcmini.js'
    What happens is that the dot2apc.js is opend in my code editor (notepad++). Same happens when I use 'node.js command promt').
    When I type "node dot2apcmini.js' I get an error

The error:

Error: The module '\\?\C:\Users\mmark\Desktop\Light\dot2apcmini\node_modules\midi\build\Release\midi.node'

was compiled against a different Node.js version using

NODE_MODULE_VERSION 72. This version of Node.js requires

NODE_MODULE_VERSION 83. Please try re-compiling or re-installing

the module (for instance, using `npm rebuild` or `npm install`).

[90m at Object.Module._extensions..node (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1122:18)[39m

[90m at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:928:32)[39m

[90m at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:769:14)[39m

[90m at Module.require (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:952:19)[39m

[90m at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:88:18)[39m

at bindings (C:\Users\mmark\Desktop\Light\dot2apcmini\node_modules\[4mbindings[24m\bindings.js:112:48)

at Object.<anonymous> (C:\Users\mmark\Desktop\Light\dot2apcmini\node_modules\[4mmidi[24m\midi.js:1:31)

[90m at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1063:30)[39m

[90m at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1092:10)[39m

[90m at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:928:32)[39m

Could you give me please more guidance?

Thanks

• In my code ip adress is 127.0.0.1 (localhost)

var client = new W3CWebSocket('ws://localhost:80/');

how to run

start dot2pc

from cmd line (go to file folder)

node dot2apcmini.js

pls check nodejs version (last beta prepared for node 12.18.3)

https://nodejs.org/download/release/v12.18.3/

command node -v

this is beta for apcmini
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Pf4ss…42FJXtpFAx/view

Edited once, last by Mass (November 5, 2020 at 4:16 PM).

• Hi Thanks! I couldn't rebuild becauseI got a Visual studio error. (try to install it but issue wouldn't resolve).

I manage to get v12.

At first i got an error saying it could find my apc because it was searching for number 0 but it was on number 1 on my system. So I uninstalled LoopBe because I didn't know how to change the order. (How can I?)

But then it worked! THANK YOU, I will get so much play time out of this ^^

Quick question, when I press "stop all clips" (bottom one of the round buttons to switch wings) all my buttons light u in different colors. What does this page do? At you video it does not light up but at mine APC it does.

Secondly, at the fader wings:

- what do the small blinking lights right above the faders do? (indicating its an active fader?)

- why doe the two buttons above that not work?

Thirdly

at wing 1 and 2 the bottom left of all my buttons light up red. What does this mean?

Thank you so much!

Edited once, last by Qwerty (November 6, 2020 at 4:25 PM).

• Stop clip is programer keys - not finished

red dots above the faders is a flash button & status
    (off - fader not programed
    light - fader programed but not run
    blink when works)

two buttons above is a executors above faders

last red button on wing 1 2 is a page nr

• Ah thanks for your support! If you ever get to a future update I would like to know :)

Do you think a fix for the crashing sliders could be a bigger increment (so bigger steps) so I wont send that much data in a short time when you move the slider fast.

• The problem with the sliders only occurs on this controller model.

Other midi controllers I have - work fine. When you move the slider quickly, they send a few midi messages - not all 127.

Unfortunately, the apc mini is designed this way.

In the last update, I added a small delay between the slider messages, but this is not a good solution as it slows down the program and does not fully fix the problem.

I would have to remember the last timestamp for each slider / message and with the appropriate difference only send the code to the dot2 console. I can't do it yet - but if I do, I'll throw in updates.

Edited 2 times, last by Mass (November 16, 2020 at 12:31 PM).

• Hi Mass,

It works like a charm! You are a hero.

The fiftht button (wing 0) would be the programmer right? No lights are lit.

Would be great if there is a short cut button for store, clear, delete, label, move, etc. Because doing this with a mouse is not the most convenient way when you have to do a lot - hehe :)

Thank you so much for sharing Mass!

-Mark

• HI - I can login to my account (facebook login not work )

Wing 0 is a core fader.

1-6 core faders + Main Exec Master fader & Main Exec XFade

Regarding the programmer - I gave up developing this option as it causes many problems. Since it works as a remote device - it would be hard for me to display additional options, such as confirmation of the operation (update, merge etc) or displaying the keyboard to enter the name.

MASS

• Hi Mark!

I make alternative version of my code for Akai APC mini

U can test - just download js code & put to the old project folder

Now U can control all fwing buttons

U have extrara flash buttons (red dots)

https://github.com/ArtGateOne/dot2apcmini2

select wing 1 or wing 2 & page select mode (edit file)

//config
    wing = 1; //set wing 1 or 2
    page = 1; //set page select mode - 0-off, 1-only exec buttons(5), 2-exec buttons and faders together(5)
    midi_in = 'APC MINI 0'; //set correct midi in device name
    midi_out = 'APC MINI 1'; //set correct midi out device name

-------------------------
    last fader & Shift button
    WING 1
    Grand Master + B.O.(flash)

WING 2
    Master Speed 1 + Tap tempo

• FULL RAR FOR NODEJS 14.16

dot2apcmi is a nodejs code to control dot2 show via web remote (u can only control show - not program)

1 download & instal nodejs version 14.16 from https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event…WL7E9LxqK7ufzoU

2. download this archive . (this is my code & nodejs modules)
    https://www.youtube.com/redirect?event…WL7E9LxqK7ufzoU

3. unarchive it on c:

(run dot2 on pc, turn on web remote - set password to (remote))

4. Run CMD (windows + R CMD)
    type cd C:/dot2apcmini

5. to run - type (node dot2apcmini1.js) is wing 1 new code

dot2apcmini2.js is wing 2 new code

dot2apcmini.js is my old code

U CAN USE TWO MIDI DEVICE ! (just run another node :)

errors: If u get error (cant open APC MINI 0 ) - this is default midi in (APC MINI 1 for OUT) - just open .js file with notepad & change midi nr to correct (You midi device nrs)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!