can not save executors after a certain total amount

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • I believe I have found a bug in dot2 onpc

eventually I was unable to save new executors - Video link below. *edit new video*

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by MWHatalak (September 26, 2019 at 6:08 PM).

• Hi MWHatalak,

sorry for this late reply.

What happened in your case is a bug- you´re right.

While you store executors in the console/ onPC and delete them afterwards,

in the background the data is not deleted (this is the bug) and the total amount of execs exceeds 998.

The result is then, that storing of new execs is not possible anymore.

The software team is aware of that and this issue is on the buglist.

There are ways of fixing that but we would need your showfile to do that-

so if you have a showfile which cannot be repolaced by an other one, please send it to tech.support@malighting.com

and we´ll give it a fix.

All the best,

Michael

• This should do the job as a general approach, without analyzing the showfile:

(enter into commandline)

SaveShow "MyRescueAttempt"

Label Seq * "DeleteMe"

Label Exec *.* "KeepMe"

Label Exec 0.1.1 "Main"

Delete Seq "DeleteMe" /nc

You would need to manually relabel any current executors back to their original name.

NB!

preferably you should in advance remove any speed or time masters that assigned to execs, as these are a little tricky to restore back to original label.

Edited once, last by Andreas: added Notabene regarding speedmaster labels (visible in Magic Speed dialog) (January 15, 2020 at 11:57 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!