Fixture Builder Help

BECOME PART OF THE COMMUNITY - Sign up here
  • Hi,
    can you please help me with how to calculate PhysFrom -> / PhysTo -> , i've understood calculating EncFrom -> 0/ EncTo -> . but how do i calculate or get the value for physTo / PhysFrom.

Thanks,
    Dave.

• Hey!

Maybe an example helps to understand this :)

If you look at the position attribute of a fixture type then phys from/to are the values in degree which the fixture can move. This means, if your fixture is able to do 540 degrees in Pan PhysFrom should be -270 and PhysTo 270 or the other way around.

Hope this helps to understand how this is working! :)

Cheers,
    Lars

• Hi,
    Thank you Sir for the example, but I'm confused. my doubt is does PhysTo and PhysFrom works only for Pan and Tilt ? or do I have to put values in different attributes as well like strobe ? Shutter ? etc.

Thanks,
    Dave.

• These values are set only for pan and tilt to be properly visualised in 3D. If you set wrong range, your fixtures will move different from the physical movement of your fixture in 3D only and this is bad for preprogramming in 3D. Right range for pan and tilt in degrees is in the fixture specifications or manual and must be divided by 2 (pan range 570°/2 = fromphys -285 tophys 285).

A@

• The best practice is to download a working personality of the very similar fixture, for example Mac 700 Profile (23 channels) or Robin Pointe Mode 1 (24 channels), open it in fixture editor and study, how it is built. Then only change/reorganize its channels and save as your new personality.
    A@

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!